Episode 4 - Surf & Turf Burgers
Surf N Turf burgers is a unique take on traditional burgers adding crab cakes to the sandwich. This simple, but extremely delicious recipe is one of my favorites. Try changing the cheese or adding bacon to keep this dish certified fresh. Pair with a side salad and sweet potato chips.
1. Make your favorite recipe for hamburger patties; I added 1 tvs-liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce in video.
2. For the crab cakes: combine beaten egg, mustard and mayo; then mix in well the crab meat, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, Old Bay. Shape into 6-8 cakes.
3. Place crab cakes on an aluminum foiled cookie sheet; broil on LOW on one side until lightly browned; flip once and broil until lightly browned; keep warm until burgers are done.
4. Meanwhile, grill burgers until done to your liking. Melt two pieces of bacon and one slice of cheese on each burger.
Add burger to bun; add a crab cake to each burger, lettuce and tomato; smoosh down and enjoy.
• 1 lbs ground beef, make into 1/4 lb burgers of your favorite burger recipe
• 1 tbsp liquid smoke
• 1 tbsp Worcesthire sauce
• 1 lb lump crabmeat (no imitation)
• 1⁄2cup fresh breadcrumb
• 1⁄2teaspoon parsley
• 1⁄4teaspoon black pepper
• 1⁄2teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 1⁄2cup mayonnaise
• 1 egg, beaten
• 4 slices bacon, uncooked (not used in video)
• 4 slices cheese, white american
• 4 lettuce leaves
• 4 slices tomatoes
• 4 hamburger buns, good quality (potato buns used in video)